The budget is adopted by the Board at a public hearing, to which the public is invited and allowed to make comments on the budget. At least 60 days prior to the budget hearing, the Board will approve the initial budget in draft form, adopt a Resolution approving the budget and setting the public hearing, and provide a copy to Osceola County for their review and comment. Once presented to the Board for their initial approval, the budget is available to the public upon request. The Board will discuss the budget at any interim meetings prior to the public hearing and can make changes to the budget up to the point when it is formally adopted by Resolution.
The two operative words in the budget process are “approve” and “adopt.” The Board is required to approve an initial budget in order to set the public hearing and to provide it to Osceola County. Only after a public hearing may the Board officially adopt its budget.
The budget for the Brighton Lakes CDD consists of the following budget elements:
- general fund budget (the administration and general operations and maintenance of the District and its common areas)
- debt service budget (repayment of the bonds that were issued for the public infrastructure for the common areas, including the amortization schedule)
- assessment schedule (list of O&M and debt assessments for each product type for the fiscal year, levied pursuant to Chapters 170, 190, and 197, Florida Statutes)
If anyone is interested in a budget prior to fiscal year 2007, please contact the District Office.
- Fiscal Year 2020 adopted budget
- Fiscal Year 2019 adopted budget
- Fiscal Year 2018 adopted budget
- Fiscal Year 2017 adopted budget
- Fiscal Year 2016 adopted budget
- Fiscal Year 2015 adopted budget
- Fiscal Year 2014 adopted budget
- Fiscal Year 2013 adopted budget
- Fiscal Year 2012 adopted budget
- Fiscal Year 2011 adopted budget
- Fiscal Year 2010 adopted budget
- Fiscal Year 2009 adopted budget
- Fiscal Year 2008 adopted budget
- Fiscal Year 2007 adopted budget